General Director INTERLINK Language Center, Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics, Acting Director of University Preparation Center (UPC)
+966 11 2242222 Ext: 3660
Areas of Expertise
- Applied Linguistics
- English for Specific Purposes
- Methodology in TEFL/TESL
- Curriculum Development
- Teacher Training
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics, Manouba University, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics, Manouba University, Tunis, Tunisia
- Bachelor of English Language and Literature, Ecole Normale Superieure, Sousse, Tunisia
- General Director of INTERLINK Language Center, Al Yamamah University
- Director of Instruction and the Curriculum, INTERLINK Language Center, Al Yamamah University
- Director of Women’s Division INTERLINK Language Center, Al Yamamah University
- Regional Director for MENA area, American Consortium of Universities
- Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics, Institut Superieur des Langues de Tunis, Tunisia
Publications , Workshops and other projects
- 2015 “Calibration of Grading: Exploring teachers’ Perception” (with Mr. S. Sengupta and G. Kormpas) & “What’s in proficiency?”
- 2014 Chair : First International ELT Conference on Motivation. AlYamamah University
- 2014 “Project-Based Learning” (Workshop for SILC/YU, August 26, 2014)
- 2013 Chair : Third International ELT Symposium., INTERLINK at AlYamamah University
- 2010 (Book) “Understanding Reading in a Scientific Context”. Verlag Dr. Muller Publications.
- 2008 “Designing an E-learning ESP Course: Possibilities and Challenges” CALL EJ online. Available at: http://www.tell.is.ritsumei.ac.jp/callejonline/journal/9- 2/dhieb-henia.html
- 2008 “A profile of subject specialists’ screen reading”. In Davidson, P., Shewell, J. and Moore, W.J. (Eds.). Educational Technology in the Arabian Gulf: Research, Theory and Pedagogy.Dubai:TESOL Arabia.
- 2008 “Subject specialists’ reading strategies online and in print”. In Jendli, A., Coombe, C., & Troudi, S. (2008). Best practice in English language teaching. Dubai: TESOL Arabia Publications.
- 2006 “Metacognitive Strategy Training: an application for skimming research articles in an ESP context”. English Teaching Forum, 44/1: 2-7. Available at: http://exchanges.state.gov/forum/vols/vol44/no1/p2.htm
- 2003 “Evaluating the effectiveness of metacognitive strategy training for reading research articles in an ESP context”. English for Specific Purposes. 22/4: 387- 417