Dr. Mohammed Akour is Associate Professor Software Engineering at Al Yamamah University (YU). He got his Bachelor (2006) and Master (2008) degree from Yarmouk University in Computer Information System with Honor. He joined Yarmouk University as a Lecturer in August 2008 after graduating with his master in Computer Information System. In August 2009, He left Yarmouk University to pursue his PhD in Software Engineering at North Dakota State University (NDSU). He joined Yarmouk University again in April 2013 after graduating with his PhD in Software Engineering from NDSU with Honor. He serves as Organizer, a Co-chair and publicity Chair for several IEEE conferences, and as ERB for more than 10 ISI indexed prestigious journals. He is a member of the International Association of Engineers (IAENG). Dr. Akour at Yarmouk University served as Head of accreditation and Quality assurance and then was hired as director of computer and Information Center. In 2018, Dr. Akour has been hired as vice Dean of Student Affairs at Yarmouk University. In 2019, Dr. Akour joins Al Yamamah University -Riyadh Saudi Arabia- as Associate professor in Software Engineering in.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- PhD in Software Engineering, North Dakota State University, Fargo, USA (October2012)
- Master in Computer Information System (with Honor),Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan (June 2008)
- Bachelors in Computer Information System (with Honor), Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan (June 2006)
EXPERIENCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE WORKS
- Associate Professor 2017 – to present
- Assistant Professor 2013 – 2017
- Vice Dean of the Deanship of Student Affairs, Yarmouk University, 2018 to 2019
- Director of Computer and Information Center, Yarmouk University, 2017 to 2018
- Head of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department, Yarmouk University, 2016 to 2017
- The director of the team charged with the preparation of the general and specific framework, criteria and performance indicators of the computer courses from Kg1-12 Grades, in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Jordan, 2019
- Activating EdTech Roadmap team member in conjunction with the Ministry of education and Queen Rania Association. 2019.
- Cesari and McKenna LLP, Patent Consultant, USA, 2018-to present
- Tender Committee member, Yarmouk University, 2017- 2019.
- Umm Al Qura University, Scientific Research Project Evaluator, Saudi Arabia, 2016- to present
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance team member for preparing Oman College of Management and Technology to apply for AAA accreditation. Oman 2016.
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance Commission for Higher Education Institutes, Jordan 2015- to present.
- Reviewer for many prestigious Journals and Conferences.