- Decision Support Systems
- System Dynamics
- Crisis Manageme
- Strategic Management Games
- Data Science
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Operations Research
- Post Doctorate Research on “The Impact of Information Quality on Crisis Management Effectiveness” at the University of California – Berkeley, under a grant from the Council for International Exchange of Scholars, Fulbright Senior Scholar Program, USA, 1995-96.
- PhD in Information Systems Quality Assurance from Ain Shams University (ASU), Egypt, 1986.
- MS in Operations Research from the Air Force Institute of Technology, USA with a thesis entitled “A System Dynamics Approach to Measuring the Value of Information,” 1984.
- MS in Production Engineering from ASU with a thesis entitled “Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Productivity,” 1980.
- Higher Diplomas in Operations Research from Cairo University and the Military Technical College, Egypt (1978).
- Bachelor of Power Engineering from ASU (1967).
He served as Emeritus Professor and Professor at the Computer & Information Systems Department, Sadat Academy, Egypt (2000-2012) and as Associate Professor at the same Department (1993-1999).
He served also as a Visiting Faculty & Research Fellow at University of Sharjah-UAE (1999-2009), University of DC in Washington DC-Egypt Program (1996-98), and University of California Berkeley-US (1995-96). He was the Major General Director of National Operations Research Center of Egypt (1990-92). He is a Professional Licensed Consultant Engineer as of May 1986 in the field of Systems Analysis & Design.
He serves the Arab community through TV programs such as Modeling and Simulation (View), Internet Culture (View), and Internet Security (View); also, through newspaper articles such as Decision Making Capacity, Decision Quality, Crisis Management, and Communication Quality.
He received the National Decoration of Duty of the First Order from the President of Egypt in 1992 and the Membership of US Fulbright Commission of Senior Scholars in 1995.
Publications and consulting projects
He is a Member of the Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of Cyber Warfare & Terrorism (IJCWT), IRMA, USA. He Published in IJMDM, IJISCRAM, IISIT, JITE, IGI Collections, among others. Total peer-reviewed publications are 46 in the fields of DSS, Crisis Management, Modeling, and Simulation. His last publication is: “A Proposed Framework for Incorporating Big-Data Technology in National Crisis Management Center,” in Khosrow-Pour, M. (editor), Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology. IGI Global, Hershey PA, USA, in print.