Assistant Professor Quality and Operations Management
+966 11 2242222 Ext: 3670
Areas of Expertise
- Quality Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Business Information Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Process analysis, design, improvement and Management
- Performance Improvement and Management
- Ph.D. in Business and Management, UniSA Business School, Adelaide, South Australia.
- Master of Industrial Engineering and Management, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
- Master of Arts in Economics, SALU, Khairpur, Paksitan
- Senior Manager Performance Improvement Management (PIM), TAL Group Thailand
- Manager Quality Assurance, Asia Garment Co., Ltd, Thailand
- Consultant and trainer for process improvement using lean systems, TQM and six-sigma approach.
- Lecturer, UniSA Business School, Adelaide South Australia
- Research Assistant, Australian Centre for Asian Business (ACAB) at UniSA Business School, Adelaide South Australia
- Assistant Professor, QUEST Nawabshah, Pakistan
- Lecturer, QUEST Nawabshah, Pakistan
Publications and consulting projects
- Gurd, B.W., Chiristine Helloar and Memon, M., 2014, “Looking for leaders: ‘balancing’ innovation, risk and management control systems” Accepted for proceedings of 30th EGOS (European Group of Organizational Studies) Colloquim, Rotterdam, Netherlands, July 2014.
- Memon, M., Gurd, B.W. and Shakeel, A., 2013, “A process view of supply chain management practices: development of measurement instrument” Accepted for the proceedings of Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management conference 2013, to be held on 4-6 December 2013 in Hobart, Australia.
- Memon, M., Gurd, B.W. and Shakeel, A., 2012 “Cross industry and cross-continent study of SCM practices in manufacturing firms” Proceedings of Australia and New Zealand International Business Academy conference 2012, Adelaide, Australia.
- Memon, M., Gurd, B.W. and Purwohedi, U., 2011 “The impact of supply chain management practices on performance” Proceeding of the British Academy of Management conference, Birmingham, UK