Instructional Coordinator/English Instructor
+966 11 2242222 Ext: 4320
Areas of Expertise
- Business English
- English for Academic Purposes
- Exam Preparation
- Course and curriculum development, alignment and standardisation
- MA in Teaching (ESOL), SIT Graduate Institute, Brattleboro, Vermont, USA
- DELTA Module 1 (pass with merit) & DELTA Module 3 (pass with merit), Cambridge Examinations, UK
- BA (hons), Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- PGC – Arts Administration/Cultural Management, Humber College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Certificate in Online Instruction, George Brown College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Instructional Coordinator, Al Yamamah University, Riyadh.
- English Instructor, Al Yamamah University, Riyadh.
- English Instructor, UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology), Ulsan, South Korea.
- English Teacher, Cheongok Middle School, Ulsan, South Korea.
Publications, presentations and consulting projects
- Interactive IELTS, with Lucy McClay, British Council (Riyadh, KSA)
- Using Evocative Imagery to Inspire Language Development, TESOL Arabia (Dubai, UAE), with Neil Morris.
- Instant Extensions, KSAALT (Riyadh, KSA)
- The Flipped Classroom: Scaffolding Community Online, IATEFL (Harrogate, UK), with Dr. Susan Barduhn, Jaime Durham.
- Featured speakers in Teacher Training SIG; published in IATEFL 2014 Conference Proceedings
- Integrating Needs Assessment Into Your Classroom, SILC/YU Symposium (Riyadh, KSA)
- Guided Discovery and the ELC, TESOL Arabia (Dubai, UAE); British Council (Riyadh, KSA)
- Making Online Learning Work in Your Courses, TESOL Arabia (Dubai, UAE); Sandanona (Vermont, USA)