Assistant Professor of Networking
+966 11 2242222 Ext: 3039
Areas of Expertise
- Cooperative and opportunistic retransmission and routing strategies in Cognitive Radio Networks (CRN).
- Software defined networking (SDN
- Protocols for networks with highly dynamic topologies (e.g. MANET, VANET).
- Protocols for networks with limited energy, memory, and computation power resources
- IPv6 transition and implementation strategies.
- Ph.D. Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- M.Eng.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- B.E. in Electronics Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
- Assistant Professor, Al-Yamamah University, Riyadh, KSA Aug 2014 to Date
- Assistant Professor, NUST SEECS, Islamabad, Pakistan Feb. 2008- Aug 2014
- Researcher, National ICT Australia, Sydney, Australia Feb. 2004- Sept. 2007
- Associate Lecturer, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia Jan. 2003- Dec.2003
- Research Student, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia Aug. 2000- Dec. 2002
Publications and consulting projects
- Sheeraz A. Alvi, Adeel Baig, Kashif Sattar Frequency-Domain Backoff Mechanism for OFDM-Based Wireless LANs, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering pp 1-14, 2016.
- Imdadullah, Zawar Shah, A Baig, “S-TFRC: An Efficient Rate Control Scheme for Multimedia Handovers , Computer Science and Information Systems Journal, 2016.
- A Ali, J Qadir, A Baig, “Learning Automata Based Multipath Multicasting in Cognitive Radio Networks”, in Journal of Communications and Networks, May 2015
- Y Javed, A Baig, M Maqbool, “Enhanced quality of service support for triple play services in IEEE 802.11 WLANs” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2015 (1), 9
- E. Ahmed, J. Qadir, A. Baig, “High Throughput Transmission-Quality-Aware Broadcast Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks”, Springer Wireless Networks (WINET), pp. , Nov, 2014.
- S Saleh, Z Shah, A Baig, “Improving QoS of IPTV and VoIP over IEEE 802.11 n” Elsevier Computers & Electrical Engineering, Nov 2014.
- J. Qadir, A. Baig, A. Ali, Q. Shafi, “Multicasting in Cognitive Radio Networks: Algorithms, Techniques and Protocols”, Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA), Aug, 2014.
- a.IPv6 research testbed for universities in Pakistan (Project)
- b.Efficient routing in multi-radio dynamic-spectrum-access wireless mesh networks (Project)